22 Jun Event-Review: Business Lounge from 16.6.2021
28 degrees, 70 participants, 7 lectures, 10 exhibitors and 3 demonstration drives. Our event “Autonome Mobilität erfahrbar machen” (Experience automated mobility), which has been organized jointly with the ACstyria Mobility Cluster at the Airport Graz, was organized successfully on the 16th of June 2021.
With a sufficient safety distance, assigned seats and various other Covid-19 safety restrictions, our event was able to take place successfully. For most of the participants, it was the first offline event in over a year – with real networking and the opportunity to experience physical demonstrators up close.
In the context of exciting lectures, we were able to present developments and future projects from partners and leading companies.
First, exclusive lectures have been given:
- Gerhard Greiner from ALP.Lab informed about safe testing in real and virtual environments
- Karin Kraschl-Hirschman from Siemens Mobility / Yunex Traffic provided answers to the current challenges of Intelligent Traffic Systems.
- Bernd Datler from ASFINAG presented the brand new digital ECO-system-platform created together ALP.Lab
- Holger Friehmelt from AIRlabs Austria reported on the current state of development and future plans for the drone test region.
- Elisabeth Staudegger from the Institute for Legal Fundamentals of the Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz presented the “European Connected Car” and its differences to approaches from Tesla, Google, Apple and Co.
- Christian Vogel from FH JOANNEUM showed the possibilities for cooperation in the area of system test engineering.
- Hans Rohowetz from FFG provided great information on European and national funding opportunities.
All of which nicely presented by Bernard Mittelbach from ACstyria – thanks for that!
After a delicious barbecue dinner on the roof terrace (such a nice view…), it was time for real action:
- AVL had brought a demonstration vehicle and provided information about the AVL Driving System.
- DEWESoft presented their cutting-edge data acquisition systems.
- ALP.Lab gave insights to real life testing and presented – together with 4 active systems – an active safety test.
- 4 Active Systems presented state-of-the-art technologies for active safety testing.
- VIRTUAL VEHICLE had brought its Automated Driving Demonstrator – which autonomously circled around the exhibition area.
- Also SPiDER – a joint hardware in the loop platform from VIRTUAL VEHICLE and ALP.Lab was there to deliver autonomously cool drinks.
- Humanetics as well presented top-notch equipment for active safety tests.
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH presented its measurement vehicle for creating extremely accurate digital twins (UHDmap(r))
- B-plus presented MAX – the next generation of measurement technology for camera, radar and lidar data in the vehicle.
- Bernard presented its Mobility Analyser (BMA), which consists of an intelligent optical system for monitoring road users and traffic flow.
- Cepton amazed with a demonstration of sensor fusion out of the box – with its lidar sensors.
All in all it was a pleasure bringing experts from Austria, Germany and the US together to present state-of-the-art technologies in terms of automated driving. Thank you to everyone who has helped making this possible! We are looking forward to seeing you next time.